Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) GEN7
Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme bleeding by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
The Gen 7 CAT utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The CAT’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
Open Length: 37.5 in.
Weight: 2.7 oz.