Freedom Ordnance FX-9 9mm 8" AR-9 Pistol FX9 AR9
Freedom Ordnance FX-9 9mm AR Style Pistol uses Glock® Mags
In addition to being reliable and affordable, the FX-9 was designed to be completely modular. Outfit it with any Freedom Ordnance barrel length and customize it with a nearly endless amount of AR-15 accessories. Also, you can create just about any configuration you need for your next mission. Made in the USA, this is freedom to the extreme.
- Upper Receiver BILLET Machined Aluminum Alloy Milspec Anodized Finish
- Lower Receiver BILLET Machined Aluminum Alloy Milspec Anodized Finish
- SGM 33 rd Glock® Style Magazine
- AR15 Configured Last Round Bolt Hold Open
- AR15 Configured Safety Selector
- AR15 Configured Magazine Release
- Bolt 4140 MELONITE NITRIDE Chromoly Heat Treated
- AR Style Muzzle Brake (.5"x28 threads per inch)
- Action: Blowback
- Chambered 9x19mm Nato
- Accepts many AR15 Accessories
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
The quality and features of this pistol compare to pistols in the $1200 to $2500 range.
FX-9 Glock Type Magazine Glock type magazine Mil Spec Buffer Tube 3″ Faux Suppressor Free Float M-LOK Rail AR-15 Configured Safety Selector AR-15 Configured Rear Charging Handle AR-15 Congfigured Mag Release AR-15 Compatible Pistol Grip
The pistol itself looks nice, what im very upset about is that after paying attention to some details i found something that i don't think is acceptable.
1) The barrel shroud (fake suppressor) was NOT the one that the gun should come with as displayed in the image, it was replaced with the one that comes with the 4.5" barrel gun.
2)The magazine was also replaced as it should come with w 33 round black magazine (as displayed in the image) but it came with a 31 round clear magazine which i imagine, also is the one that comes with the 4.5" barrel gun.
3)The charging handle is also from the one that comes with the 4.5" barrel sized pistol.
4) The mag release and the bolt release are also not the ones as displayed in the image because if you look at the picture i posted, the mag release looks different and both the take down pin and the pivot pin are loose.
I don't know what else was replaced with this gun but my guess is that i was not the second one to open the box it came with as the first one should be the gun dealer that makes the transfer, i was probably the 4th person.
Well I just got mine and have only put a few rounds through it and Ive been nothing but happy. Added some iron sights as well as optical and its a keeper for sure. Looking forward to more use and it becoming a staple.
I bought the black FX9 pistol and loved it. 0 issues, and was the perfect 9mm AR pistol once I traded out the brace.
Have had one for a little over a year. It has rotated between my kitchen gun and my get home gun. Really like it. Only jammed twice with some gimmicky ammo and ETS mags. Regular HST's and Speer Gold Dots with factory glock mags it is a tack driver. Very happy about my purchase. Obviously, I'm a guy that thinks he needs a kitchen gun so take my words with a grain of salt.
I bought a FX-9 about six months ago and it’s lovely. Added an optic and it’s so much fun to shoot.
Write your own review